According to Country Living, when butter plays a starring role, opt for the best-quality sweet (not salted) butter you can find. Or make flavored butter. There’s nothing better than a warm slice of bread with rich, flavorful butter and for the upcoming holiday, make one of these tasty varieties to add a special touch to your dining table.
Chive and Garlic Butter
(Courtesy of Basal Evolution)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp green onions, sliced small
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
Put all ingredients in a bowl and blend
Italian Flavored Butter
(Courtesy of Land O Lakes)
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in small mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Brush on meats, poultry, fish and vegetables when grilling or toss with hot cooked rice or vegetables.
Savory Herb Butter
(Courtesy of McCormick)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Mustard, Ground
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate up to 1 week.
- Toss hot cooked vegetables with Savory Herb Butter before serving (about 2 to 3 tablespoons per pound). Or, serve with warm bread or rolls.
(Courtesy of BFeedMe)
▪ 1/2 cup butter, softened
▪ 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
▪ 1 tablespoon strawberry preserves
In a small bowl, beat together the butter, confectioners’ sugar and strawberry preserves until creamy. Cover, and refrigerate until serving.
Cinnamon Honey Butter
(Courtesy of the Food Network)
▪ 1/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
▪ 3 tablespoons good honey
▪ 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
▪ 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Combine the butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Serve at room temperature.
Pumpkin Spice Butter
(Courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen)
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
In a bowl, beat the butter with a hand mixer. The wire whisk attachment works best. Whip the butter until it is light and fluffy.
Then add the remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.