Mini Easter Cheesecakes
20 chocolate or vanilla wafer cookies
2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups chopped SNICKERS® Bars
2 cups flaked coconut
Green food coloring
2 cups M&M’S® Brand Speckled Chocolate Eggs
Mini muffin tin
Mini muffin paper liners
- Line muffin pan with paper muffin cups. Place one wafer cookie in the bottom of each cup, set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and almond extracts until smooth. Slowly add eggs and sour cream, mix until creamy. Stir in chopped SNICKERS® Bars.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups and bake in a preheated 375ºF oven until set, about 25 minutes. Cool completely and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Combine coconut with a few drops of food coloring to desired shade of green. Arrange on top of cheesecakes to resemble a nest. Fill nests with M&M’S® Brand Speckled Chocolate Eggs. Serve at room temperature.
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
8 miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped
8 white miniature marshmallows, cut in half
4 pink miniature marshmallows, cut in half
16 blue miniature candy-coated semi-sweet chocolate baking bits
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper; spray paper with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles. Place 1 peanut butter cup in center of 1 triangle. Gently stretch corners closest to and farthest from cup together at top of cup, pinching edges together to seal around cup. Pull up third corner; firmly pinch edges to seal. Place on cookie sheet; twist 2 longest tips of dough to make ears. If desired, bend down longer ear. Repeat with remaining dough triangles and peanut butter cups, shaping and trimming dough as needed for desired shape.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until puffs begin to brown. Place 2 white miniature marshmallow halves and 1 pink marshmallow half on center of each for bunny nose. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until puffs are golden brown and marshmallows are slightly puffed.
- For eyes, immediately place 2 blue baking bits on white miniature marshmallows for pupil; remove puffs to cooling rack.
Any bite-size candy or a large marshmallow can be used in place of peanut butter cups. If using a marshmallow, take extra care to seal dough securely because marshmallows will puff up during baking. For extra decoration, sprinkle pink sugar on the bunny’s ears.
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
Green paste food coloring
Cupcakes and miniature cupcakes of your choice
Candy-coated sunflower kernels
Assorted stick chewing gum
Jumbo heart sprinkles
Canned chocolate frosting
- Tint desired amount of frosting green. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert #4 round pastry tip. Fill bag with green frosting; pipe grass onto desired amount of cupcakes. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels.
- For bunny faces, pipe white frosting over tops of cupcakes using a #4 round pastry tip. Using clean kitchen scissors or a small sharp knife, cut gum into ear shapes of various sizes. Attach smaller centers onto the larger pieces with a small amount of frosting.
- Pinch base end of each ear, forming a curved shape. Press into tops of cupcakes. Place a heart sprinkle on each cupcake for nose. Using a #2 round pastry tip, pipe eyes, whiskers and a mouth on each face with chocolate frosting.
- For bunnies, pipe white frosting over remaining cupcakes. Place a miniature cupcake onto a larger cupcake; secure with a toothpick. For a bunny tail, dip a marshmallow in corn syrup; roll in nonpareils. Place on cupcake. Repeat as desired.
Use of a coupler ring will allow you to easily change pastry tips for different designs.
Coconut Marshmallow Nests
(Recipe courtesy of Hersheys.com)
(Makes 12 nests)
½ teaspoon water
3 to 4 drops green or other food color
1-1/4 cups MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter
HERSHEY’S Candy-Coated Milk Chocolate Eggs
- Combine water and food color in small bowl or small jar with cover or re-sealable plastic bag. Add coconut; toss with fork or shake closed jar or plastic bag until coconut is evenly coated.
- Microwave marshmallows and butter in medium microwave-safe bowl 30 seconds at HIGH (100%); stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in tinted coconut.
- Line tray or cookie sheet with wax paper. Drop coconut mixture in 12 equal mounds onto prepared tray. Shape coconut mounds with moistened fingers into small nest shapes. Cool completely. Allow to air dry until slightly hardened. Fill with milk chocolate eggs.
Cupcake Bunny Cake
(Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker)
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® cake mix (any flavor)
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
Platter, tray or foil-covered cardboard (about 16×14 inches)
Decorations and Frosting
1 bag (10.5 oz) miniature marshmallows (white)
2 containers (12 oz each) Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
Betty Crocker® pink or red gel food color
2/3 cup pink miniature marshmallows (from 10.5 oz bag fruit flavored miniature marshmallows)
2 snack size dark chocolate-covered peppermint patties (from 12 oz bag)
1 tube (0.68 oz) Betty Crocker® black decorating gel or 3 to 4 pieces black string licorice
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and eggs. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Pour bag of miniature marshmallows into large shallow bowl. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the frosting into small bowl; tint with food color to desired shade of pink for nose; set aside. Pipe or spread remaining frosting on cupcakes (frosting will be slightly mounded). Press top of each cupcake into marshmallows, covering top completely. Place cupcakes on platter as shown on diagram, fitting snugly together. Sprinkle leftover marshmallows as needed to fill in any gaps between cupcakes forming face.
- Sprinkle pink marshmallows in center of each ear. Place peppermint patties on face for eyes. Pipe or spread pink frosting on face for nose. Pipe 3 (3-inch) lines with black decorating gel on either side of the nose for whiskers; pipe 2 lines below nose for mouth. (Or, cut 6 thin 3-inch pieces of licorice for whiskers and 2 thin 5-inch strips of licorice for mouth; arrange on face.)