Thanksgiving is right around the corner, so we’ve given you some quick and very tasty drink ideas for the whole family to enjoy. Either hot or cold, these drinks will be the talk of the holiday table!
Pumpkin Pie Latte
(Courtesy of At the Picket Fence)
- 2 cups strong coffee
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ – ½ cup pumpkin puree, per taste
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Home made or store bought whip cream
- Brew your favorite coffee, or consider using a pumpkin flavored coffee
- While coffee is brewing, in a small saucepan combine half and half, pumpkin puree, vanilla, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and bring to a low simmer while whisking. Be careful not to scorch.
- Divide coffee between 4 mugs or irish coffee cups. Slowly add pumpkin half and half mixture. Top with whipping cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice.
Positively Warm Apple Pie
(Courtesy of the Food Network)
- 6 oz. apple cider (heated)
- 2 oz. Tuaca liqueur
- Whipped cream
- Pinch cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
In a glass coffee mug or heat-resistant goblet, combine your heated cider and Tuaca. Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Add cinnamon stick.
Like your apple pie warm? While in Positano, Italy, my good friend Arturo introduced me to this great holiday cocktail that uses Tuaca, a delicious Italian liqueur made with citrus peels, spice and vanilla.
Pumpkin Pie Shake
(Courtesy of Super Healthy Kids)
- 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (See Below*)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBL brown sugar (or other sweetener)
- 7-10 Ice cubes
Blend all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!
*Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
1 TBL cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp allspice
Pumpkin White Chocolate Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 6 oz. (a little over a cup, but I’d weigh it if you have a scale) Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 c. ice
- whipped cream to top
- Microwave the unwrapped hershey kisses for 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the half of the milk and the half and half until well blended.
- Pour mixture into the blender. Add the remaining milk and the 2 cups of ice.
- Pulse until blended and smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses and top with whipped cream. Serves 2.
Pumpkin Spice Frappe
(Courtesy of Peanut Better and Peppers)
- 1 1/2 cups coffee, frozen, partially thawed
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin, canned
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice, ground
- 1 tsp. stevia
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk From a carton, not canned
- 2 tbsp. whip cream, fat free
- 1 dash cinnamon, ground
- In a blender add coffee, pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin spice, stevia and coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with whip cream and sprinkle of cinnamon.